Friday 1 April 2011

Unseen Layouts: Full Book


I took control of making the mock-up of the publication that we are creating for the photography students. Overall it gave me a good indication of how each of the layouts fit together and how I needed to rectify them for the book to have an interesting yet consistent flow.

+ Particular annoyances we to do with inconsistently sized fonts, differences used in bold/italic/regular etc and uneven use of spacing and lines which were to be a subtle feature of the design. I completely gutted the book of inconsistencies.

I think these inconsistencies will dilute the design of the cover, and the concept of unseen. Each layout seems so detached from the next. I adjusted grid system to accommodate 6 rows with a 12 column grid.

No comments:

Post a Comment