Sunday 16 January 2011

All Aboard Records Logo

Based upon the research that I collected I went abou creating my own typeface based upon a life belt icon which is now the icon of the identity itself. I chose this base upon a quote I sampled from my client about "giving a helping hand" which is where the life-belt comes in helping people out, its circular shape with lighter areas also links to the appearance of a CD or vinyl. For these reasons I believe that this icon rather than an anchor or helm represents more about what the brand is about. Based upon this icon and my type research I created an uppercase font with some selected glyphs and numbers. I tested various layout arrangements, I personally preferred this one as it reminded me of it being placed on the side of a boat. The logo is 1 colour in a nautical navy, however the colour may change with it's application.

No comments:

Post a Comment