Thursday 20 January 2011

Position Statement Surgery Prep

Last year my position statement started off as "High end identity design and visual solutions driven by layout and aesthetics for quality print and web distribution". A tad wordy and much of this has changed in only a few months.

I feel that in terms of end product labels such as identity design are far too specific and in terms of showing an ability of typography skills I should consider that range of end product that it can be applied to. My process of design is not necessarily driven by layout and aesthetics but it it more. And I feel using the term quality is vague and although I may swing towards a certain type of look the outcome may not be quite the "high-end" I imagine because it is determined by the client.

Based upon the work I produced for the last module and where my practice is heading I have revised my position statement; "Typography and layout based visual solutions with a focus on simple communication."

Statement of Intent

I intend to fulfill my position statement, by creating a number of briefs that look at identity design with the potential of being spread across print and web distribution, research led investigations leading to looking at type-based visual solutions with the potential for expansion onto print and web application.
(more to be posted)


No comments:

Post a Comment