Tuesday 8 February 2011

Yearbook Contents & Microsite

I was asked to look at the contents page and the microsite. The imagery that I had used was particularly liked and so based on the one I produced earlier I created a few different ideas that used the same concept.

Showcasing all the students within a neat grid system. I really like the comparative values and the way each one has character is really interesting. I also created a more spaced out version below and which utilized the space a bit more and gave each individual a more exposed placement.


I added a contents bar based upon the designs that heather and emma were working on.


For the design of the microsite I simply took the contents page and reversed the navigation, adding more elements. I really like the exposed element of the design, showcasing the people before/behind the work first exposes them.


To illustrate how the navigation works myself and heather proposed screen shots of the design. So the splash page above leading to the designers menu below. The drop-down menu expands and as you scroll through the names the associating pictures light up blue in-keeping with the colour pallet.


Each persons work is shown in a fairly similar layout to the yearbook itself with the overlaid information bar. Associating test can be shown below with additional contact details and website based upon the designer's preference. A light book tool could be added to show larger images of work that is in thumbnails.

No comments:

Post a Comment