Tuesday 8 February 2011

Yearbook Ideas Mini-Mocks

Given the size of the book has been decided I thought it worthwhile to look at the format and play with the interactivity which would hopefully form a concept in itself. It was clear from previous years that the cover would be embellished with a 3, and in-keeping with the previous year it would be a sans serif format.


I really like the idea of extending the cover, and having an element that would require folding/ opening something up. Here I suggested how the cover could be extended and reveal the people underneath the work. As a concept I think the 'people behind the work' could be really nice and put not just the work we have done forward but have an underlying sentiment behind the work and with pictures displayed together gives an impression of a community.


I suggested the idea of having another extension here in the back and could be used to display a 'hidden' group photo. Again I think most people on the course would like to do this for the sentimental value of the group photo.


Exaggerating the feature the cover could form a tri-fold. I also introduced the idea of an accent colour which could be used throughout the book and the binding.


Taking the idea of revealing again I suggested how the photographs could be even more well hidden into a cover jacket so the only time it can be seen is when it is taken off. I really liked this format because it could be transferred into a poster design which could be taken out and the jacket could be produced in a limited edition for just us students and associates.

Also trying out a vertical belly band.


I'm also really fond of the sentimental quotations, after all they formed the basis of almost all the talk that Fred did throughout the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment