Sunday 6 March 2011

Editorial/Zine Publication: Four Walls

I've decided that for my portfolio I really wanted a publication in there that was completely personally derived. Looking at my statement of intent I thought about the 'modern concerns' that I had brought up. For me one of the things I enjoy looking at are the place in which people live. This publication will be about those houses that I pass everyday and going in and finding out who lives in them and what makes them tick.

The publication will be a magazine/zine dedicated to the four walls in which people live. In our utopian society where do people live? Do they like where they live? And more importantly this magazine aims to give an insight into the everyday life of the modern day man. Exclusive interviews this magazine aims to normalise the mass media and give a real and untainted insight into where modern day person live and with who? What is happening in the world of architecture and who is living in these exciting new buildings?
Ethical and environmental design and how does it affect the lives of people living in them
Its not just about exciting architecture and interesting buildings but the people who are living in them.

I'm not yet sure of the name of the publication so I initially brainstormed a few words to do with architecture and space and started looking at spreads for the publication.

Four walls
4
construct
destruct
cube
square
space
area
volume
fill
void
occupy
live
size
dimensions
measurements
fill up
pack
these walls
bare
brick
roost
nest
home
house
den
settle
bubble
eaves
floorplan
foursquare
modular
urban
populuxe
stucco
structure
scullery




No comments:

Post a Comment